After the Arrest
It is a good idea to speak to a DUI attorney as early on in the process as possible. For example, in Pierce County, the arraignment date can be as early as one business day after the arrest. Additionally, your driver’s license will be automatically suspended, unless you (or your lawyer) request a hearing with the Department of Licensing within 20 days of your arrest. If this is your 1st DUI, a conviction will result in:
- Mandatory minimum jail time of 1-2 days or 15-30 days of electronic home monitoring
- Up to $5000 in court imposed fines
- License suspension between 90 days and 2 years
- Ignition interlock device requirement
- Alcohol or drug treatment ordered by the court
Beckwith DUI Law was founded by Cristine Beckwith, who is one of the top rated DUI attorneys in WA State. We have offices in Seattle and Tacoma, allowing clients to meet us at either location. We are available by phone 7 days a week (including after hours) to answer your questions and discuss your case.